Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku conflicts with Amazon Echo Show

I’ve noticed that the Roku automatically sets up “scenes” in Amazon for major channels like “Hulu” and “Netflix.”  Which is great, in theory.  Unless you also have an Amazon Echo Show in another room and want to use video skills on that device.  That skill apparently uses those scene names to work, and setting up the Roku breaks the linkage.  It would be great if Roku set up options for those of us savvy enough to have a broader home ecosystem to edit scene names before they are passed to Amazon (I’ve tried editing it directly in the Amazon app - the conflict doesn’t go away - only deleting the scene works.  And every time I turn on my Roku the scene reinstalls.)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku conflicts with Amazon Echo Show

If this is something that's happening within the Amazon's Roku channel/app then it's entirely out of Roku's hands.  I'm not familiar with "scenes", so I could be misunderstanding, but I believe you need to take it up with Amazon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos