Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hbsb96
Reel Rookie

Roku clock Screensaver won't keep time it just stops. Am I doing something wrong

After this latest update the clock Screensaver works for about4 hours and then no longer keeps time.  We love that Screensaver but it isn't working on any of our rokus.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku clock Screensaver won't keep time it just stops. Am I doing something wrong

@Hbsb96

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing your screensaver and then switching back to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hbsb96
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku clock Screensaver won't keep time it just stops. Am I doing something wrong

It didn't work on any of our Roku when I tried that. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hbsb96

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

The mention of failure after 4 hours makes me think your clock screensaver is being affected by the Roku "Bandwidth saver" feature.

The Roku "Bandwidth saver" function kicks in when the Roku has received no user input in four hours. It asks if you are still watching, and if it receives no response, it exits the current stream to prevent downloading unseen stuff and running up your data usage. 

If this keeps the Roku from interacting with the internet, perhaps it keeps the Clock from updating.   I think one of our frequent posters, @renojim, is the author of that screensaver (or at least of one of them if there are more than one) and may be able to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@makaiguy, I am the developer of "CLOC", but Roku has a couple of clock screensavers of their own.  It's not obvious what screensaver the OP is using.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos