Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outlaw3
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra wont work with smart view on Samsung S10

It had been working but now when trying to cast with smart view when I hit Allow it locks up and kicks back to the opening screen on roku??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra wont work with smart view on Samsung S10

@outlaw3 

If that's Miracast, then perhaps you should reboot both the Roku and the phone.

Android no longer supports Miracast. If that is using Miracast, then that's something Samsung added to the phone.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
outlaw3
Reel Rookie

I have rebooted to no avail. If Smart View is Miracast it came on the phone and like I say it worked fine until a week ago?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@outlaw3 

Sometimes something as simple as a reboot works. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" is a cliché, but it got that way be being true. Oh, well.

As for Smart View, I don't know if it's Miracast or not. My Android phone isn't a Samsung, so I'm not that familiar with their add-on software. Yes, some phone manufacturers do use Miracast, installed extra on the phone, but the OS itself no longer supports it.

If it's using Google Cast functionality -- I suspect not, as that is built in to the OS and you wouldn't need an app for it -- then you could test that the Roku is working properly to communicate with Google Cast. Open a Chrome browser and try to cast or mirror a tab to your Roku. If you can, the Roku is working properly. If not, then it's the Roku that's having the problem.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos