Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueskydogs
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra - reboots - all setting gone - response is slow

My Rokus Ultra 4660X has rebooted on its own while changing channels and all setting are wiped. I have had to re-register the device each time and it has done this approximately 4 times. The last time (yesterday) it reloaded the software update that had already been installed earlier in the month. All channels have a 40 second or more delay before they load (meaning from the time you select the channel and the screen stays blank until you get a partial display of the channel, after more time has lapse some of the channels icon that were blank finally display). One channel throws an error code: 28 and if you retry the channel it does a partial display of the channels icons and selections.
The Roku Ultra software version is 10.5.0 – build 4181-46 after the last unscheduled reboot and install of the settings and the update that takes place automatically after the reboot.
Is there is a solution or replacement option other than buying a new unit, please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra - reboots - all setting gone - response is slow

@blueskydogs 

The part about all settings being wiped sounds like a factory reset, not just a reboot, occurred. Having to register the device indicates this as well.

It may be that you need to manually force a factory reset. With power applied, press and hold the RESET button for no less than 30 seconds. I say again, no less than 30 seconds.

Normally, that's a last resort, but since it appears to have already done a factory reset of sorts, you may need to force another to resolve it.

The device is four years old (or nearly so) but should still have some good years of life left. My model 4660 works great, and so should yours.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
blueskydogs
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - reboots - all setting gone - response is slow

Thanks for your time; none of the solutions mentioned changed the results.
I did so more research and found a post on how to clear the cache. I used that procedure, rebooted, add all the apps and login information again, and so far the operation has been stable and the response has been acceptable.
Since I just resolved the issue it is unclear if the solution will hold or if the unit will reboot on its own again and the problems return. I will monitor the operation for the next few days and update the post later.

0 Kudos