Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DemOnHunter
Reel Rookie

Roku TV model C148X vs. C157X

Jump to solution

My 50S435 TCL TV was recently serviced due to a software update that bricked the TV. Prior to the technician arriving at my house, the Roku TV Model read as C157X. After the service, the mode is now C148X. The TV mode still reads the same. I’m guessing the technical replaced the main board and that is why there is a difference in the Roku Model number.

I’m curious, is there a difference between these models? Performance differences? Will they both be supported in future updates? Basically, I want to know if I should call TCL and cause a fuss over the different model number.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV model C148X vs. C157X

Jump to solution

If you plug those model numbers in at https://tvupdate.roku.com the first one comes up as TCL model 50S435 while the second comes up as TCL model 50S431.  According to this link they are essentially the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The closest I could find was a Chinese page that explains the function of capacitor 157 on some TCL TV. Smiley Happy

Perhaps, someday, someone who cares enough about built-in Rokus (maybe you!!!) will update the Roku Wikipedia page so that the Roku TV section has the same level of detail that the stand-alone models get.

DemOnHunter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for looking regardless. Roku support classifies updates to Roku TVs by the first letter of the model number. CXXXX for example. So I believe the model number does not affect the longevity of updates in my particular case. I may call TCL support and inquire just for the heck of it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you plug those model numbers in at https://tvupdate.roku.com the first one comes up as TCL model 50S435 while the second comes up as TCL model 50S431.  According to this link they are essentially the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DemOnHunter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great research. Compared the Walmart posting and the TCL webpage and you are indeed correct they are essentially the same thing. In fact, they really are the same thing other than one being a Walmart exclusive. Curious as to why the Roku TV model would change, but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos