Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1K3
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick connection ended because of your VPN connection.

Running Android 12. I receive the error "Roku Streaming Stick connection ended because of your VPN connection." when I try to mirror my screen to my Roku stick.

I am split tunneling both the Roku app and my screen mirroring software, so I should not be getting this error. Is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick connection ended because of your VPN connection.

@1K3

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you but will need more detailed information. can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of the issue you are experiencing on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1K3
Reel Rookie

> Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Model: 3600X - Roku Stick

Serial number: 5S56A2598911

Software Version 11.5.0 - build 4235-24

> mobile device brand, model, and OS

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10e

Model number: SM-G970U

One UI version: 4.1

Android Version: 12

> tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

11-483-854

> Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

1. Connect to VPN on phone

2. Enable split tunneling and exclude Roku app and Screen Mirroring app (both work fine when not connected to the vpn.)

3. Use screen mirroring to connect to Roku stick.

- Receive the error

> Screenshot of the issue you are experiencing on screen

RokuError.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@1K3

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware per the Community guidelines:

Discussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1K3
Reel Rookie

Okay but are you going to answer my question? The VPN is used to connect to my network.

0 Kudos