Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blanket1

Roku Express + won't update software

My Roku Express + won't do the software update. I have done the hard reset by unplugging the Roku from the wall for a minute. No change. I have restarted my internet router. No change. I have done a factory reset. No change. Help please.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express + won't update software

@Blanket1 

What else is going on? Why do you think you need to update your software? Do you mean a particular app? Or are you trying to update the Roku operating system software? Tell us more about what you're trying to do and why.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Even if you manually request a Roku system update/channel update using System menu option, it doesn't always work. Roku (like Microsoft) control who gets an update from their end to manage update rollout (manage bandwidth and support issues). 

Try again another day. If you can't get the latest available for your device (9.x or 10.) in a few days then post again. (Assuming device is still supported).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Blanket1 wrote:

... I have done the hard reset by unplugging the Roku from the wall for a minute...

That only gets you a system restart, similar to Roku menu path Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

If you REALLY want a hard reset back to right-out-of-the-box condition (Roku calls this a Factory reset) the menu path is Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset, or you can press and hold the reset button on the device (behind a pinhole opening on some models) for at least 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos