Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srtarx
Reel Rookie

Roku Express+ just stopped working; channels fail to load

My device suddenly decided to have the initializing screen (the dancing Roku letters) on loop.  I cut power, hit the reset button several times, finally got it to load only to find none of my channels were there.  When I run a system update, it appears to load a bunch of channels but when I go back to the home screen nothing is there. NOTHING, except for 'add channel' and 'TV off'.  When I try to add a channel it tries but I end up with a 'channel failed to load' message every time.

What happened and how can I get this fixed!  I'm about to just throw the device in the garbage.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express+ just stopped working; channels fail to load

Do a proper factory reset. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Not for around 30 seconds. Not for almost 30 seconds. For a full 30 seconds. Then try the setup again. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
srtarx
Reel Rookie

Nope. Did that.  Twice.  When I check for a system update, it stops at 2 of 33, where it states it is trying to add Netflix.  The update just stops and says it's done.  I've tried adding a channel. Any channel: Newsy, Netflix, YouTube TV....fails to load.

Do I have to just throw this device in the garbage?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@srtarx wrote:

Nope. Did that.  Twice.  When I check for a system update, it stops at 2 of 33, where it states it is trying to add Netflix.  The update just stops and says it's done.  I've tried adding a channel. Any channel: Newsy, Netflix, YouTube TV....fails to load.

Do I have to just throw this device in the garbage?

Just to be clear, earlier you said you "hit the reset button several times" and now you're saying you held it down for a full 30 seconds two different times. Since those aren't the same thing, I'm just making sure. 

If you did the full 30 second factory reset, and it's hanging up on the download of apps, it may be that the device is bad.

Those devices come with a one year warranty. If it's under a year old, will Walmart take it back? Exchange it? 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos