Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loafskidder
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express freezing

I hate phones and don't use one with the Roku, which has worked great for a couple years...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's only for troubleshooting.  If you don't want to try it then I'm done here.  Good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
loafskidder
Binge Watcher

Roku app on my phone says it cannot find my device - and I apparently need a working remote to ensure that the device (Roku Express) will allow connection to my phone. 

0 Kudos
loafskidder
Binge Watcher

I think you are on to something regarding the remote - think I need a new remote. I had to remove batteries from the remote just to use the input button on my tv remote to switch away from the Roku HDMI port - and the Roku was unplugged at the time!!!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That indicates a stuck button on your remote.  You can verify that by using a digital camera (like the one on your phone that you hate).  If you point the remote at the camera you can see the flash of light that occurs when you press a button.  Yours is probably flashing when you're not touching a button.  You can try strumming the buttons to see if you can get it unstuck or used compressed air to blow out any contaminates.  You could also take it apart to clean it, but that's a real pain.  There are cheap universal remotes that can control a Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
loafskidder
Binge Watcher

The remote turned out to be the problem. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Mafue

When I turn on the Roku express it goes to the select lenguage screen and it freezes. That’s as far as I can get. I resented it, took the batteries off, and peer unplugged, no response.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Mafue

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you tried all the possible troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working? If so and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Express. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos