Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tx613

Roku Express Stuck on bouncing screen

So I have read through the support area and this seems to be a very common issue but this device isn’t available for support… not even sure how that makes sense…

I am stuck on the loading screen where it bounces… It will not do anything else at all..

I have tried all of the following:

- Removed wifi

- Different Wifi

- Factory reset (will not actually reset - held for 1 min)

- Tried unplugging everything

- Tried different HDMI ports

My serial number is: S07R216NJG8M

Any help would be greatly appreciated especially if there is away to get it replaced.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Stuck on bouncing screen

First and foremost, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  It appears the cheapest Express model may no longer come with a power adapter, so if you didn't get one make sure the power adapter you're using can supply at least 1 Amp.  Forget anything about your WI-FI and even HDMI related stuff.  If it doesn't get past the startup animation and pressing and holding the reset button for 30 seconds with the power connected didn't help then it's either a faulty device or an insufficient power source. 

If you just purchased it you should be able to take it back to where you got it.  If not:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos