Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veggiesosage
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k seems to default to 1080p after waking from 'asleep'

Jump to solution

Recently got a new Express 4k and, due to my aging TV, am having to use it via an hdmi to RGB component adapter.

The component input appears to be very fussy about the signal it will accept, it has to be 720p. This is fine initially as the Roku can be set to 720p, everything works and I'm very happy. Setting it at 1080p means no picture or sound. Unfortunately setting it to 'automatic' means that it will pick 1080p because that's the maximum the adapter will pass through.

The problem occurs is when I stop watching for a while eg overnight. I presume that the Roku goes into a 'sleep' mode after a while. The thing is, when I switch the TV on again there's no pic or sound again and I have to do a hard reset and set up from scratch, inputting internet passwords and all that palarver. This is not

I'm presuming that what's happening is that after a few hours 'asleep', the Roku defaults to 'automatic' and thus 1080p on waking although any alternative suggestions would be welcome. I'd be grateful for any ideas on how to persuade it to stay on 720p overnight as going through the whole set-up and activation rigmarole every day will soon become trying.

With my old Roku I briefly used a hdmi -> SCART adapter but a) it stopped working very soon and b) they apparently don't pass through RGB components, just a composite, so I'm not keen on having to go back to that but it was at least more tolerant of resolution settings. All the ones available seem to be the same generic model sold under different brands.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4k seems to default to 1080p after waking from 'asleep'

Jump to solution

Try disabling power save mode:  Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings = off (unchecked).

If that doesnt work, try disabling "Automatic Recovery":  Home 5x, Down, Left, Up 3x, Disable automatic recovery.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try disabling power save mode:  Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings = off (unchecked).

If that doesnt work, try disabling "Automatic Recovery":  Home 5x, Down, Left, Up 3x, Disable automatic recovery.

0 Kudos
veggiesosage
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cheers, disabling the power save seems to have done the trick

0 Kudos