Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrolando
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4k - Version 10.5.0 not showing AirPlay and Homekit option under settings

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R!

I did the update, now Roku is on version 11, but still the same issue, I don't see the Apple and Homekit options on the Menu.

Any specific build I need to manually install to make this work?

Best,

Rafael

JaimeBiernaski
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 4k - Version 10.5.0 not showing AirPlay and Homekit option under settings

Jump to solution

To me, it's not appearing either!

• Model: 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Serial Number: YH00GT230074
  • Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-50
  • Last updated Apr 1, 2022 - No update available

The only options I have available are:

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 21.49.39.png

Allan_lh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the same problem. Model 3820RW - Streaming Stick 4K

Software 10.5.1 . 4066-CU

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JaimeBiernaski @Allan_lh

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend checking for a manual OS update on your Roku device to see if you are able to see Airplay in Settings after.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaimeBiernaski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

It says there is no update available.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 22.23.57.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 22.23.50.png

0 Kudos
JaimeBiernaski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A new version appeared to me.
I've just updated to the last version 11.0.0, but I still have no option for the AirPlay on my Roku Device.

Check images

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 21.08.26.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-22 at 21.09.04.png

MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The roku menus can vary based on device, os version, and also country (sale and or linked account I think).

I wonder if Roku has forgot to "permission" the airplay options for your combination of device/country, by configuration or as hardcoded in software version.

@RokuDanny-R  I think you need to step in to escalate a more detailed  investigation  based on people posting device details, country, network topology, etc.  The obvious self help answers have been tried

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
JaimeBiernaski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I would be glad for helping with any information. The AirPlay was the reason why I’ve choose Roku instead of other alternatives. Facing this problem is very frustrating to me.

rrolando
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Still haven't been able to fix this. It's quite frustrating.

I've tried to factory reset and update to v11, but still no Apple and Homekit option under the menu.

I'm located in Brazil, but I don't believe this should be an issue, as the device is also marketed here as being Airplay compatible same as in U.S.

Allan_lh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My device is updated to V11. Airplay and HomeKit is not available yet 

0 Kudos