Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrolando
Channel Surfer

Roku Express 4k - Version 10.5.0 not showing AirPlay and Homekit option under settings

Jump to solution

I've just bought a brand new Roku Express 4k at Wallmart, Model 3940, running on Version 10.5.0 and I'm having issues setting it up to work with AirPlay.

From what I've research it should be a setting that needs to be enabled, but the option is not listed under settings, even though it says it compatible with AirPlay on the very Roku box, I can't figure out how to make it work, also tried forcing an update on Roku, but it says that aren't any updates available.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaimeBiernaski
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen mirror and airplay options disappeared from Roku settings menu

Jump to solution

The problem was fixed on the version: 11.0.0 build: 4193 - I able to use the airplay now… from Brazil! Thanks 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4k - Version 10.5.0 not showing AirPlay and Homekit option under settings

Jump to solution

@rrolando 

It's enabled by default.

But you can go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4k - Version 10.5.0 not showing AirPlay and Homekit option under settings

Jump to solution

If newly bought/setup, device may need to get a software update before Airplay etc enables.

May take a day or two, even if manually requesting updates on system menu

Not a Roku employee
rrolando
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey @DBDukes, yeah the issue is that this option, "Apple AirPlay and Homekit" does not even show under "Settings" for me. It's missing this option from the Settings menu, and can't figure out why.

rrolando
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@MilesT yeah, it's newly bought, and I've set it up yesterday. So, I'll wait a couple days to see if an update is available and see if the Apple Airplay option comes up under the Settings menu. Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rrolando

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to see Airplay and Homekit in Settings of your Roku device, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of Settings that shows that Airplay and Homekit are missing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rrolando
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I'm still having issues. Can you help?

Here is the info requested:

Roku device model: 3940RW - Roku Express 4k

Serial number: X01600EN8R80

Device ID: S07R21AN8R80

Software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-CR

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. When I go to Settings
  2. There are no "Airplay and Homekit" option under the menu. Only options available are:
    • Network
    • Remotes & devices
    • Theme
    • Display type
    • Captions
    • Audio
    • Home Screen
    • Payment method
    • Privacy
    • System
  3. On iPhone and mac OS devices the Roku does not show as an AirPlay option.

Screenshot of Settings that shows that Airplay and Homekit are missing:

IMG_1854.jpgIMG_1855.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rrolando

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
rrolando
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuDanny-R!

Waiting on your feedback when the issue is supposed to be fixed.

Best,

Rafael

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rrolando

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue. 

We would recommend checking for a manual OS update on your Roku device to see if you are able to see Airplay in Settings after.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos