Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awgawecki
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ doesn't keep TV setting it detects

My old Roku was frequently resetting so I purchased a new Roku Express 4K+ to take advantage of my 4K TV (not Roku). Setup went OK - Roku detected TV as 4K but on the next start the picture was all wrong - like I was looking at a small portion of the screen Zoomed in. I have to go to Settings and reset TV type every time I start it. Any ideas or suggestions how to fix that?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ doesn't keep TV setting it detects

Make sure the Display Type isn't set to "Auto".  If you're using the TV's USB port to power the Express and it powers off the Roku when you turn off the TV try using the supplied power adapter.  If there's a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power try disabling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
awgawecki
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K+ doesn't keep TV setting it detects

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using power adapter so not USB connection. And I tried several different settings - Auto detect as well as 4K explicitly. In most cases after longer power off the video is wrong and I have to change it.

0 Kudos