Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zcyost

Roku Channel close captioning bug

I am posting to report a bug with the Roku Channel. I am not looking for help or tech support.

In the Eureka episode "Bad to the Drone", the close captioning has the word "DEMO" inserted all over the place at random points during the dialog. This looks like a defect in the close captioning software or data. I tried to attach a screenshot but the image attachment feature on this web form is also broken.

Just to be clear, I do not plan to follow up on this post. I hope that Roku will read this and fix the issue. If you need any additional information for your troubleshooting, please reply by email.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel close captioning bug

Hey, @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D : Confirming the issue:

eureka-bug.jpg

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
overtimeman
Roku Guru

I know sometimes the closed captions are out of sync with the picture.Usually a reset clears it up.Not the factory reset but the soft reset found in the menu options.

I used to have a life before Roku!
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@zcyost @DBDukes 

Thanks for the posts and information.

I have passed along your concerns and the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos