Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sdbella

Roku 3700x needing to pair a different roku remote without pairing button for volume control

Can I pair a newer roku remote to the 3700x for volume control?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 3700x needing to pair a different roku remote without pairing button for volume control

Your Roku model is very old. Better off purchasing a newer model 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3700x needing to pair a different roku remote without pairing button for volume control

The answer to your question is no, sorry. The 3700 & 3710 express and express+ are IR only Roku's. Just get aftermarket universal that controls Roku's, and your tv brand. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Why buy universal remote for an outdated device? Spend $10-20 on a remote when you can buy a new Roku for $30-50

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Streamer317 

Because it's cheaper?

Did you ever consider that maybe nobody needs to justify a reason to you or to anybody else? You do this way too much.

OP asked for help with something. You gave one valid option. @Tivoburkee gave another valid option. Until you get appointed Lord High Approver Of All Roku User Actions Ever, don't be questioning valid options others make.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Streamer317
Roku Guru

It’s a cheaper investment. Does it make sense to buy a $20 remote when a new Roku itself is only $29? No it doesn’t 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Streamer317 

You still fail to understand that your approval is not required.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  This is an open community for all to speak. Making a smarter investment is always better then adding a bandaid. 

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/if-you-have-these-older-roku-players-it-is-time-to-upgrade/amp/

0 Kudos