Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancunia
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 4200X - Still Supported?

I have a Roku 3 4200X 

After a factory reset, the device cannot find the software update server (Error 003). I have a good network connection but in addition to WiFi, I have also tried Ethernet, Tethering to my phone and next door's Wifi all give the same result.

So now I wonder if the update server is offline or if that device is still supported by Roku?

Serial Number is 1GU44G110762

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 4200X - Still Supported?

@cancunia 

According to this list, the Roku 4200x is still supported/updateable.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

----

Could certainly be a server issue.

If your next door's neighbor is using the same ISP (internet serviced provider), it could also be an ISP issue.

If available to you, try using a mobile hotspot (or your neighbor's mobile hotspot) and see if that gets you connected to the server.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
cancunia
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 4200X - Still Supported?

Thanks for the reply and confirmation about the support, I came across the supported devices page after posting so now do have some hope about it working.

So far as connectivity to the Internet is concerned, next door's WiFi uses a different ISP and AFAIK a different DNS (they use Google & I use Cloudflare IIRC), I'm not sure what my mobile provider uses but I did try tethering to my phone while the phone was set as a WiFi HotSpot but WiFi disconnected from my WAP so that the traffic was forced via the SIM.

Anybody know how to check if the Software Update Server is down? I'm guessing that each device type has it's server or at least it's own DNS target for updates. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.