Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KP6
Binge Watcher

Re: Ruku 2 no longer works on my Samsung TV

The stick model is 3810x

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@KP6 wrote:

4205x1

That model wasn't widely released in the US. I'm assuming you're in UK or EU? Or did you buy it from a non-US source?

Actually, none of that may matter. Assuming you bought the device new some 5-6 years ago (I'm uncertain when the Roku 2 was discontinued overseas), it should still perform well. The Streaming Stick+ (the new device, model 3810) having the same issue, and since it doesn't use an HDMI cable but plugs directly into the TV, seems to rule out everything except the TV.

Still, that's weird that two separate TVs would develop the same issue. Struggling to find something in common -- separate Roku, even separate Roku models, separate HDMI connections -- the only thing that comes to mind may some external force that's impacted the TVs. Power failures? A common user making changes to TV settings? I'm grasping here.

I'm not sure what to offer. This may take some pondering.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
KP6
Binge Watcher

I agree. This is a difficult one. The only thing I can think of is that the Samsung TVs have the problem rather than the Roku boxes. I am based in the UK. I will contact the Samsung help to see what they say and will come back. 
I appreciate your time, thank you K. 

0 Kudos
KP6
Binge Watcher

I have just found another thread on this site where a member experienced exactly the same issue (Samsung TV does not work with Roku)

0 Kudos
KP6
Binge Watcher

Ok, this is strange. After 3 weeks, I tried again and the TV works fine now. As if nothing happened! The only thing I can think of is that some kind software update must have happened in the meantime that made Roku and Samsung TVs compatible again. I am not a technical person thought so I could be talking rubbish. The most important thing is that the TV and the Roku work now 🙂 

0 Kudos