Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnw999
Streaming Star

Roku 10.5 drops support HomeKit and Airplay on TCL tvs

Please don't merge this into another thread, it deserves it's own.

Since 10.5 update 6-7 weeks ago, AirPlay and HomeKit no longer work with TCL Roku TVs as advertised. Support has offered no resolution in the 6-7 weeks now and simply will move threads or combine them with unrelated issues to sweep the issue away from public view. I've spent many hours troubleshooting and providing requested information to support staff. No follow up to date.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/12/17/roku-update-that-broke-airplay-homekit-has-yet-to-be-fixe...

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/qw3ac7/tcl_roku_tv_update_broke_homekitairplay/

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
TimmyP
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 10.5 drops support HomeKit and Airplay on TCL tvs

Same deal with Miracast. Third time on all different hardware in 6 years. They wont fix it. Same exact thing three times.

0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

So I've figured out what happens..

Roku 10.5 stops broadcasting the Bonjour mDNS service after about 15 minutes. Roku TVOS 10.5 has mDNS issues that have been overlooked by Roku.

Grab a the "Flame" or "Discovery" app on the App Store. It allows you to browse the Bonjour services on your network. Upon booting and until about 15 minutes after the TCL Roku TVs both show up in the services list. They drop from the list after about 15 minutes, when the TVs stop broadcasting the mDNS info. 

Please fix.

mnw999
Streaming Star

Edit: spoke too soon. 43" tv became "No Response" after 4 hours.

0 Kudos
dancerfrog
Reel Rookie

Got mine to work again, fingers crossed. TCL Roku TV 43S421 Software 10.5.0
Go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart>Restart. After it finishes, turn TV off, (I waited 30 seconds or so out of habit, no real idea if that accomplished anything) and then turn back on.
Before doing anything else, go to Settings>Apple Airplay and HomeKit and presto the Airplay options screen came back. I enabled it again and as of now it works. 

dnbarger

@dancerfrog wrote:

Got mine to work again, fingers crossed. TCL Roku TV 43S421 Software 10.5.0
Go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart>Restart. After it finishes, turn TV off, (I waited 30 seconds or so out of habit, no real idea if that accomplished anything) and then turn back on.
Before doing anything else, go to Settings>Apple Airplay and HomeKit and presto the Airplay options screen came back. I enabled it again and as of now it works. 

Worked for me as well. Thanks.  (TCL Roku TV 50S535).

0 Kudos
salimbencosme
Channel Surfer

Please Roku’s developers fix this problem we really need it!. 

0 Kudos
4j

I had to forget my home and tv and restart multiple times but it seems to be working now.

0 Kudos