Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florida33435
Binge Watcher

Re: Reset button? Under what circumstances

Jump to solution

Thanks, I just unchecked the box and I’ll see what happens in the morning. Appreciate your reply. 

0 Kudos
Florida33435
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello again, just when I thought my problems were over. Yes, remote was paired with tv. What I did last night was use the Roku remote to go to “turn off tv” on the Roku Home Screen. Turned off that way. Is that same as if I used red button on Roku remote to turn off? 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You select the channel that says “turn off TV” correct? Yes that does the same as the remote. But The next time you’re done streaming just go to the home screen by pressing the home button. Then press the power button on the Roku remote. That power button only turns off your TV a Roku will never turn off unless you unplug it

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Florida33435 wrote:

... What I did last night was use the Roku remote to go to “turn off tv” on the Roku Home Screen. Turned off that way....

The way you did it was perfectly fine.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."