Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Bluetooth app from Home Screen.

I don’t use Bluetooth with my roku device and would like to remove the Bluetooth app from Home Screen.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remove Bluetooth app from Home Screen.

Hey @yukimiyukimi

We're here to help!

You can remove the Bluetooth channel (app) from your home screen by following the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.

Moreover, you have an option to move channels according to your preference. Visit this link for instructions: How do I move channels on my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
brnmcc01

That doesn't work, there's no 'remove channel' option when pressing *

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@brnmcc01 wrote:

That doesn't work, there's no 'remove channel' option when pressing *

There is no option to remove it. There is the option to move it to any position you want on the Home screen, such as at the bottom, if you like. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

e-walk
Channel Surfer

You have to do it on your phone app. I just did it a second ago. Not sure why Roku doesn't allow you to do this on the device it self. It's weird I couldn't find this option on the website either. It would only take me to the Q&A section.

If you don't have the app you can download on Google Play or on Amazon. If you're like me that don't have a Google account you can go to the Amazon website and download it. Highly recommend it because this app can be used as a backup remote control on your phone if you ever lose or break remote. When you don't use the app you can always "Force to Stop". You have to look through your phone settings for that. It's always good to turn off an app if you don't use it much.

VideoUniverse
Reel Rookie

I was unable to do this on the Roku app on my Android phone. Could you provide the steps that you used? Was anyone else able to remove the "Bluetooth for Audio" app from their Roku?

0 Kudos

On the phone app go into devices, select the Roku device in question then go into channels. If you click and hold on the Bluetooth app icon it should pop up to delete. Worked for me, it’s been driving me crazy for months trying to figure out how to remove from my streambar.

VideoUniverse
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I followed the steps outlined by you and this worked for me, as well ... the unwanted "Bluetooth app" is now gone. It was also driving me crazy. Wish I could give you more than just one "Kudo" in the Roku Community!!!

bach3
Streaming Star

From the homepage go to: Streaming Channels > Apps, then scroll down until you find the Bluetooth app, select it, and from there you'll see an option to remove it.

Jibz
Binge Watcher

The instructions don't work because when pushing the star button remove channel is not an option

Since Roku has no functioning customer service (unbelievable wouldn't even begin to describe how horrible that is), can somebody please help me with this. I'm just one more agravation away from going out and buying a Firestick!

0 Kudos