Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVDebb60
Channel Surfer

Registering a new Roku device

Hi. If I am changing out an older Roku device to the Roku Express will the new device use my existing personal information, password, etc. that the older Roku was registered to, except of course the serial number of the new product. Or is it like registering for the first time all over again.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Registering a new Roku device

Hi @PVDebb60

Thanks for your inquiry.

When you activate a Roku streaming player or Roku TV, you have the choice to add or link it to your existing Roku account, or you can create a new account. When you activate more than one Roku device, each device can be linked to a different Roku account, or all devices can be linked to a single account.

You can see more here: How to add a Roku streaming device to your Roku account

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
PVDebb60
Channel Surfer

Since my old one is not working properly, I would remove that one from my account then link the new one, correct?

Thank you for your quick response 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@PVDebb60

Thanks for following up. 

Yes, if you no longer plan on using a device, you can remove or "unlink" it at my.roku.com. Follow the steps below to unlink a device on your Roku account:

1. Visit my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone
  2. Sign in if prompted
  3. Scroll down and locate the device under My linked devices
  4. Select Unlink and confirm

Let us know if you still got any questions.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

To add to previous responses:

You can have multiple Rokus linked to a Roku account, so you can add the new Roku to your existing account without removing the other one.  If you will not be using the older one, you can of course remove it from your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

How do I add a new devise to an existing account?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nilsenwilshy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you wanted to add a new Roku device to your existing Roku account. We're happy to assist you. Please check out this support article here on how to add a Roku streaming device to your Roku account.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos