Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy4_

Reading everything on the screen.

Jump to solution

I must have caused my problem but I can't find how to undo it. My Roku has started reading EVERYTHING on the screen. Drives me crazy. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Reading everything on the screen.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sandy4_,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You may have accidentally enabled "Screen reader" and that's why your Roku player sounds like it's been talking to you. You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How to enable the text-to-speech screen reader on your Roku® streaming device

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sandy4_

Jump to solution

Does my problem have something to do with "text to voice"? How do I get rid of it?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sandy4_,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You may have accidentally enabled "Screen reader" and that's why your Roku player sounds like it's been talking to you. You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How to enable the text-to-speech screen reader on your Roku® streaming device

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos