Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jensenrl2

Zip code change, having same problem . Roku switched my locale from Fox29 Philly to Fox5 DC

Jump to solution

Can you tell me how to change my zip code on Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Zip code change, having same problem . Roku switched my locale from Fox29 Philly to Fox5 DC

Jump to solution

Hi @jensenrl2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

You may try entering your zip code in the Settings menu on your Roku TV using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Zip code and enter your zip code
  5. Press OK to update the zip code

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Zip code change, having same problem . Roku switched my locale from Fox29 Philly to Fox5 DC

Jump to solution

Hi @jensenrl2,

You may try entering your zip code in the Settings menu on your Roku TV using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Zip code and enter your zip code
  5. Press OK to update the zip code

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alfy

Settings will not allow me to enter my zipcode

Jump to solution

Yesterday when I turned on YouTube TV and clicked on a live program, I got a black screen with the message that YouTubeTV was not available in this country accompanied by an error code which changed every time I repeated the process. There also was a message and a box to notify Google about the problem by checking a couple boxes and they might contact me by email. Twenty four hours later, I've heard nothing.

Checking online, suggestions were that my location might have gotten messed up. I checked the YouTube TV site and my zipcode was correct. When I checked the Roku settings files, my zip code was blank.  I entered my zip code and hit OK. This brought up a box that said my zip code was now what I entered accompanied by an OK button. However, when I hit OK, it took me back to the zipcode entry box and the  zip code I entered was gone. I was in a three box loop that I couldn't get out of with a zipcode entered.

How can I successfully enter my zipcode into Roku, so that I can again view YouTube TV?

blackbart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

have  tried , input change number, pushed ok, system does not save new  code

leskaz

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Paramount+ thinks I live in DC when I actually live in South Dakota, so it won't give me my local channels. I've tried entering my zip code in Roku settings and it won't take it. Can we please get a solution that works so we can watch the streaming apps we pay for? Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@leskaz, if you visit a site like https://www.iplocation.net/ where does it say you're located?  I honestly don't think that ZIP code setting does anything for any channel/app that isn't Roku's.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
IsotoBstn

Jump to solution

I tried this changed the zip code re started the system it still thinks I'm in CT but I'm in MA. Same with Sling app

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @IsotoBstn

If you have changed your zip code but are still experiencing the same issue with Roku switching your locale from Fox29 Philly to Fox5 DC, here are a few potential fixes you can try:

• Check your Roku account settings: Make sure that your Roku account settings reflect your current location and zip code. To do this, log in to your Roku account on the Roku website and check your account information.
  • Restart your Roku device: Make sure to do the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart. Then try launching Fox29 Philly again and see if the correct channel is displayed.
  • Check for updates: Make sure that your Roku device and the Fox29 Philly app are up to date. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu or the app store.
  • Contact Fox29 Philly support: If the above steps do not work, contact Fox29 Philly support and explain the issue. They may be able to help you resolve the issue or provide further guidance.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It doesn't matter what you do.  The zip code never stays programmed. It's definitely a flaw in the Roku algorithm. Should be properly corrected and configured to be selected under users actual physical location and NOT based on the IP address location.  This can geographically be 2 different location separated from any where from coast to coast. This is all based on the internet/wifi company's settings.  

FoxPhilly will not be able to correct this issue (I live 20mins from the WW Bridge on the Jersey side)

Probably the only major flaw I have come across in my 30 days of using it. 

Bit IT DOES need to be fixed and updated in a software patch.  Preferably sooner then later

0 Kudos