Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duaneb
Reel Rookie

ROKU Ultra 4670 RW stopped connecting to Internet after update to Build 4180

Jump to solution

ROKU Ultra connectivity checks out to both wireless and wired connections.  However, still get error messages when trying to open apps, e.g. "YouTube could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again",  which I've done multiple times across several days.

Also, ROKU says an update is available and will update from version 11.0.0.4180 to version 11.0.0.4193, but it won't update.  Again tried multiple times over several days.  All other devices are working on the network, including another ROKU Ultra 4670X

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Ultra 4670 RW stopped connecting to Internet after update to Build 4180

Jump to solution

Have you restarted everything associated with your network - gateway/modem/router?  You may be able to get past the update problem by temporarily connecting to another network like your phone's hotspot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Ultra 4670 RW stopped connecting to Internet after update to Build 4180

Jump to solution

Have you restarted everything associated with your network - gateway/modem/router?  You may be able to get past the update problem by temporarily connecting to another network like your phone's hotspot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
duaneb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much renojim for the suggestion to connect to my phone's hotspot.  I was then able to download the new update.  ROKU working again, Houray!