Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rokünt
Channel Surfer

ROKU UPDATE Screws up devices AGAIN with REBOOT MADNESS- FFS

Here we go again, Roku did another of it's bloody irritating updates and BAM it screwed up the Roku which now keeps rebooting.

I first noticed it on Roku channel (some irony) which it does within a minute of watching.

On Netflix it is random

On YouTube if I am watching a longish video

The Roku version is 10.5.0 and the build is 4201.

WHY can't Roku let users disable auto updates?

I am at the point where I am going to use Wireshark to determine the IP addresses of upgrade routers and blocking them on my firewall.

SERIOUSLY this is REALLY irritating, especially as it takes so long to reboot in the first place with the stupid dancing Icon.

Who does the User Acceptance Testing of these releases, what is being added anyway, it was fine before.

PLEASE roll it back to the previous version and email us when you have done it!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheNachoCheese
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU UPDATE Screws up devices AGAIN with REBOOT MADNESS- FFS

I'm on 10.5 build 4201-17 as well, and was pulling my hair out last night. Decided to do the nuclear option - full factory reset. The apps started behaving properly after that, but something in this update ruined how my Roku 4 (4400x) reads USB drives. The one I had used for years was no longer recognized -- ended up having to wipe and reformat as FAT32 instead of NTFS and now it's working.

I don't want forced/fugure updates if they're not properly QC'ing them.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rokünt @TheNachoCheese

Thanks for the posts.
Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Droid_Nut
Channel Surfer

All was fine, so if it's working, they have to keep fixing until it stops working. Volume that was working fine, now works intermittently.

You need to clean house like Twitter, instead of keeping the devs busy ruining what works.

0 Kudos