Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deadmoney

ROKU - Not working in Jamaica?

Hello All,

First Post- I had (it seems Stupidly) purchased two ROKU devices for my home (I live in Jamaica) I naively thought that as I have a Disney Plus account which works here AND an Amazon Prime account which works here too, that purchasing a ROKU device (My TV's do not have these apps) would allow me to view these streaming services.

I am little confused and just confirming that this is so (my research suggests that this is correct?) unless there is a workaround or a way to add LEGAL streaming services for my region, I will have to return them, i guess.

Thanks all comments appreciated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU - Not working in Jamaica?

Hello @Deadmoney

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. We appreciate your contact, and we are always looking to expand our presence.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos