Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obalikawa

Question on 32" Roku TV ( Roku Devices )

If I were to get a 32" Roku TV like a TCL, does every aspect including the power button only control the paired Roku TV? I've been looking for an alternative that won't interfere whatsoever with my main TV, as I do enjoy watching YouTube videos and other shows while gaming. Especially AVGN and Caddicarus.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Question on 32" Roku TV ( Roku Devices )

If you get any Roku TV that comes with a remote from the manufacturer (i.e., not one of the Roku Voice Remotes) it will control any TV from that manufacturer (e.g., TCL, Hisense, onn, etc.).  So, if your main TV is from the same manufacturer as the Roku TV the remote will control your main TV.  Even the Voice Remote once configured to control one TV will control all TVs from the same manufacturer (unless it's configured to use CEC).

There also may be some overlap where different manufacturers use the same code set in their remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Question on 32" Roku TV ( Roku Devices )

Some Roku tv's do come with wifi voice remote, but I doubt 32" does. When a wifi voice remote is paired with Roku tv, the volume and power are both via wifi, so it won't interfere with other tv's. But other brands tv remotes might interfere with Roku tv, because Roku tv's accept both kinds of remote WIFI & IR at the same time.  What is brand of your other tv? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos