Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwaysl8

QUIT CHANGING THE HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution
QUIT CHANGING THE HOME SCREEN!
We set our home screen because that’s what we WANTED. Give us the OPTION of the new screen, but let us DECIDE if we want it changed.
Thank you…
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: QUIT CHANGING THE HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

What you request is already there.

Settings > Theme (may take a few seconds to load) > Wallpaper > Wallpaper updates > Off

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What you request is already there.

Settings > Theme (may take a few seconds to load) > Wallpaper > Wallpaper updates > Off

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lb48
Binge Watcher

Why change "streaming channels" to "store" on home screen?

Jump to solution

Why did Roku change the streaming channel option on the home screen to store?  In my opinion it takes more clicks to search for various channels.  They clearly have made the paid channels easier to find and have placed a greater emphasis on paid channels.  I preferred the older interface which allowed me to browse the many free and smaller channels much easier.  One reason I liked Roku was the variety of channels that were available.  Now, with the new interface, in my opinion, exploring those channels is not as easy.  I think that calling the option on the home screen is correct in being called "Store"  The clear emphasis is on purchasing channels.  I'm disappointed in this change.

0 Kudos
Marktc1964

Jump to solution

I agree 100%. Stop forcing your advertising and suggestions on us. Let us set up our home screens ourselves. I want to be able to see all my channels/apps on my Home Screen not just a handfull and then have to hit see all. Thats just aggravating 

0 Kudos