Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jade4

Problems casting YouTube from mobile

so for about a week now when I trying to watch YouTube on my roku I will cast my phone to my tv so I can control the volume from my phone because I don’t have a remote for my tv and the roku I have doesn’t have a volume button on the side but every time I adjust the volume on my YouTube app to play on the tv, the volume will go all the way back up when a new video starts and I have to adjust it every time I wanna watch a new video and it never use to do this, how can I get it to stay at the volume I set it at on the app on my phone 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Problems casting YouTube from mobile

@Jade4

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you raising the volume of the phone itself, or from within YouTube that you are casting? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SweWolf
Reel Rookie

Was this problem ever solved? I got the same problem a couple of weeks back.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SweWolf

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SweWolf
Reel Rookie

You know what, this problem existed for like 2-6 weeks, then it started to work again. I have 2 Roku Express devices, same problem, and the both started to work... Perhaps there has been a silent update of either the Android YouTube app or the Roku YouTube app... Anyway, it's working, so no need or possibility to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos