Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterChang
Streaming Star

Problem with Roku Ultra 4800X shut off

I use a logitech remote and it works fine when I start up my streaming using my Roku. 

My problem is when I shut off the streaming it turns off the Roku 4800X, as it is programmed to do, but Roku turns itself back on.  I can't find a way to turn off the Roku device.  I can go back to home, but there does not seem to be an off?

Thanks for any help.

Brian

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with Roku Ultra 4800X shut off

Roku devices don't turn off.  Any power button you have on a Roku remote is strictly for the TV.  The power button on your Logitech remote could be programmed to do pretty much anything, but it can't turn off a Roku device since, as I said, Roku devices don't turn off.

I'm going to assume that what you mean by "Roku turns itself back on" is that the TV is switching back to the Roku's input after some period of time.  Is that it?  Can you give us more details?  It might also help to know what software version is displayed under Settings->System->About on your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos