Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmart44

Private listening turns off while screen mirroring.

Whenever I attempt to screen mirror from my phone and enable private listening, the feature disables itself and continues to play the audio on TV at 50/100 (volume automatically raises to 50). The feature was working well before, but suddenly it started malfunctioning. Has anyone else experienced this and are there any solutions?

I have a TCL Roku TV and an iPhone 11 which has screen mirroring capabilities. I use the Roku Remote app to enable private listening, and my connection is fine. All applications and devices are up to date. The problem only occurs in this specific scenario.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gatornuke

Re: Private listening turns off while screen mirroring.

I have the exact same issue with a brand new Hisense H4 series Roku tv. I obviously can’t say if it worked before, but my symptoms are just like you described. I am connected to private listening just fine, until I screen mirror from my iphone 8 iOS 15.1 and all of a sudden the tv speakers start blaring at 50 volume. Would definitely appreciate a tip to fix this or a fix from the Roku folks. Cheers!

0 Kudos
KoalaC

There is only one blue tooth channel available. Or the Bluetooth speaker use it for private listening, or it is the device you mirror the content out of using it. Because there is one channel it is only one device at a time.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @KoalaC

Welcome to Roku Community. 

Thanks for your post. We're here to help. How can we be of assistance? Would you mind giving us more details regarding your concern? Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos