Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Headly
Binge Watcher

Please Respond! Does The Roku website's "Simple Remote" $14.99 have a headphone jack?

I need a replacement remote for my roku Premier. Does the Roku website's "Simple Remote" $14.99 have a headphone jack?  There is no further info available on it and I've already bought one from Roku that had no headphone jack when I got it.

Does anyone know the answer to this? This is Day 2. of trying to get some information to solve my problem from Roku.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
dathead2
Roku Guru

Re: Please Respond! Does The Roku website's "Simple Remote" $14.99 have a headphone jack?

You have a link for simple remote?  All I see is the 19.99 one back ordered until may and I’d hazard to guess that it has one as it looks exactly like my ultra remote. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please Respond! Does The Roku website's "Simple Remote" $14.99 have a headphone jack?

It is a simple IR remote with no headphone jack.  If it doesn't mention "private listening" in the description then it doesn't have a headphone jack.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
dathead2
Roku Guru

It appears you need to get an ENHANCED voice remote probably.  Key is word ENHANCED.   List price $30 on Roku site and not avail now.  Honestly for just another $50 more you could get a brand new Ultra that comes with one. 
or check eBay and target etc 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you have 3920 Premiere then the headphone jack on the remote won't work, the rest of the enhanced voice remote will work, but not the headphones. The premiere+ 3921 would work with headphone jack, but models under that, NO!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Headly
Binge Watcher

Hi Edmond,

I have a 5 year old Roku Premier, never had any problems until the headphones started

putting out static. I want to get a replacement remote that HAS a HP jack. Do you happen

to know if there is such a thing? If there is, I haven't found it yet and I've been looking!

Thanks,

Janet

0 Kudos
Headly
Binge Watcher

Yes. Here:   https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

To my knowledge after 3 days of searching, there is no available Roku remote to buy

that has a HP jack. Has anyone else found one?