Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jigzsaw
Channel Surfer

Photo stream Changing Picture Rotation

My photo stream was working perfectly for 6 weeks.  Now, all of a sudden, many pictures are displaying upside down.  

I had to manually go through all 500+ pictures and use the rotation tool to fix each picture,

Is this a glitch in the software, and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again?

10 REPLIES 10
Neshephah

Re: Photo stream Changing Picture Rotation

I am having the same problem. When I look at them in the Roku app, they are fine, but they are sideways on my TV. I don’t even see a tool to rotate them.

I have the same problem. but I see no tool for rotating them.

voronv
Reel Rookie

Same here. Previously perfect looking pictures once of a sudden have been rotated without my intervention. The worse is that the app’s rotation feature often leaves the photos distorted: zoomed or partially displayed. 

Of course it is a glitch, but the recent one, seems to be added during some fixes or updates.

I am waiting for the response from the Customer Service.

voronv
Reel Rookie

Click on the photo you want to rotate. The feature icon is on a top right (see my attachment).

23F7ABC2-CC38-415C-AF9A-C373A6CECB71.jpeg

aspindog

Of course you can do this. The OP already said this. But why is it necessary? Photos that displayed fine before are suddenly rotated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

I just got my camera up outside today and everything was fine for a couple of hours, now my live feed is upside down also. How to fix this, it’s ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gabby480

Thanks for your post.

Have you checked the instruction provided by @voronv? On the Roku mobile app, go to Photo Streams, click on the photo that you want to rotate, and look in the top right of the rotate button. 

You may also refer to this link: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

I have no idea how to do that.  I didnt know I would have to do extra things to get a $80 outdoor camera to show pictures the right way or I wouldnt have bought it.  Why is there no support for this?  

0 Kudos