Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkbrb
Reel Rookie

Photo Streams Screensaver - Option to Remove caption

Was thrilled to discover the "new" Photo Streams feature and the ability to use that as a screensaver. We had previously used another Roku app and had to keep a USB thumbdrive attached to serve up images.

So the ability to upload images to be used as the screensaver across all of our Roku devices should be awesome. And it almost is.

Unfortunately, when the images are shown, it also shows a caption in the lower right corner, detailing the user account and the name of the stream. While this might be desired for a slideshow, it ruins the use as a screensaver, especially with OLED TVs and the potential for burnin.

We want to use this as a way of making the TV look nicer, displaying art images, when the TV isn't directly being used. People pay thousands of dollars just for TVs that can do this.

PLEASE...

Add an option to remove the caption when being used as a screensaver...at least that way people have the option.

Additionally, other nice features might be the ability to select a delay time as well as transition, but not critical.

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Streams Screensaver - Option to Remove caption

@jkbrb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkbrb
Reel Rookie

Here is a photo showing the caption in the lower righthand corner. Because the stream was renamed to just "I" it minimizes it some, but still the member name and the pipe character still show up.

20220726_073957.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jkbrb

Thanks for the follow up.

At this time, the caption in Photo Stream cannot be removed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkbrb
Reel Rookie

That's unfortunate.

Thanks for your help and digging into it though.

Hopefully somewhere down the road this will be possible.

mtn_lion
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Streams Screensaver - Option to Remove caption - NEW ANNOYANCE

Apparently that “caption” *has* been removed…but now a QR code with the message “Scan to add photos to Photo Streams” displays every 5 or 6 photos in the slideshow.   That really chaps my ass; it spoils the show.  Can’t Roku just give its customers a feature without spoiling it by inserting self-serving garbage on the screen?  PLEASE.REMOVE (or provide option to disable).

AndyCC
Reel Rookie

Seconding the request to remove the QR code. I've already added photos for it to display on top of, obviously I don't need the QR code to get to the photo streams page. Even an option in the photo streams channel to hide it would be great.

I'm not even using photo streams commercially; I just hate having the ugly QR code over my photos at home.

GuyMott
Reel Rookie

Yes! Get rid of that annoying QR code! We know how to add photos to the photo stream; don't need to have it shoved in our face all the time. All it does is ruin the slide show and screen saver.

The qr code is a REAL annoyance.  NO ONE needs that.  TAKE IT AWAY, PUH-LEEZE

derekmccurry
Reel Rookie

I found this thread because I'm also trying to figure out how to remove the QR code from the Roku Photo Stream app. I downloaded a bunch of 4K digital artwork to use as a TV screensaver and the ugly QR code in the bottom-right corner totally ruins it.

Feature request - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide a toggle option to disable the QR code from the Roku Photo Stream app!

@RokuDanny-R 

#rokusupport #featurerequest