Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddieV3

Parental control on app for Home Screen

Is it possible to get some kind of parental control to keep the kids out of certain apps just from the Home Screen? 
just a lock of some sort so I can watch stuff on my apps that we do not want our kids watching or abusing? Or does this feature already exist?

1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Parental control on app for Home Screen

@EddieV3 

Roku has no system-wide parental controls. The controls on the Roku Pin Preference page is for Roku Channel content only, but does not apply nor is recognized by other apps. Each app can contain its own controls.

To request such a feature, you may wish to submit on the Suggest a Feature page.

If you want a Roku device with one set of apps that is different from another Roku device -- if the app isn't there it can't be launched -- then you could set the kids Roku up with a different Roku account. Or, alternately, set yours up with a different Roku account and leave the kids' as is.

You would want to ensure there is a PIN set up for the kids' Roku so they can't add apps or purchase content.

Any subscriptions via Roku Pay (subscribing via the Roku device) or in Roku Channel would not be usable on each device, but only on the purchasing device. That means you would subscribe directly to the service if you wanted your Roku and kids' Roku to share the subscription.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."