Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoffeeGoat
Binge Watcher

Re: Parent Controls for Home Screen Ads

Jump to solution

Until the official "Solution" is something other than an effectively empty promise that the people in charge will consider the issue, try the following:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/Please-Remove-Home-Screen-Ads-Previews-for-Restricte...

I can confirm that this still works as of December 2022. There's some other useful information in the associated thread; be sure to "kudos" the resourceful individual who found this solution.

Upsetmama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! This is the ad that got me searching for controls. NOTHING!! This is completely inappropriate for my 11 and 9 year old sons to see constantly!!!

stokjos2

Jump to solution

Roku is prioritizing ad revenue over the safety of young children with inappropriate ads.  I'm switching.  Who can make a recommendation for a family friendly platform?

0 Kudos
EnoughIsEnough
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is something that can be done about obscene, indecent and profane broadcasts (including commercials, ads, etc.)  This is right off of the FCC website.  Pass it on and report the issues, enough is enough!!

https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/files/obscene_indecent_and_profane_broadcasts.pdf

Tbone7774
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you @CoffeeGoat the solution worked for me after a system restart (February 2023)

Crispicritter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found the best solution was to ditch Roku! Google TV offers a kid profile without ads and allows parents to protect adult profiles with a password. My kids no longer see nasty Roku ads and I tell everyone I know how much Roku sucks at protecting kids and providing family friendly content. They claim it can't be done. Google did it! I switched and couldn't be happier.

0 Kudos
valry924

Parent Controls for Home Screen Ads

Jump to solution

I agree with this post as well. there should be a way to set a rating for the ads and promos that pop up on the Home Screen. Lately, the promos have been nothing but scary movies or shows. This is a tv for use for the whole family. I see that this has been discussed on the board for years now....this is obviously  something Roku should address .