Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onn Roku Tv screen super dark with no settings in roku to fix it.

I have an onn roku tv and i set up everything correctly and how I was supposed to. But when I turned it on the screen was black and thought it was off. But I showed a light on it and could see the picture so it’s just the brightness is very low but when I went into settings in roku there was no brightness setting that I could change. So I did a reset on the roku and on the onn tv both factory resets and just unplugging it for 60 seconds with no success. Any ideas that I could use?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Roku Tv screen super dark with no settings in roku to fix it.

You have an onn Roku TV with Roku player connected to it?

Anyhow, a number of TV manufacturers, including Wal-mart's onn brand, license Roku technology for inclusion in some set models and market them as "Roku TVs". Roku doesn't manufacture "Roku TV" sets, it only supplies the Roku operating system.

This sounds to me like a hardware issue, possibly a failure of the tv screen back light, that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Onn support:

http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 1-844-334-2355

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos