Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elwysevn

Onn Roku TV 32 Inche

We bought Roku TV Onn as it shows its a smartTV but I guess it wasnt that smart at all, it missing the Airplay feature. When I called the Onn customer service they would say it will be able soon but when... this is false advertising as the item isn’t fully providing features

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Onn Roku TV 32 Inche

Actually, mirroring turns "Smart" devices into "Dumb" ones, since it just turns them into pure data conduits to the TV/AVR (the phone/tablet acts as the "Smart" device, running the app and controlling the stream/playback)

Regardless, not all Roku players/Roku TVs support AirPlay (as a simple qualification test, the TV must be at least 4K HDR capable - a 32" 720p TV is never going to get AirPlay support):

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Is my Roku device compatible?

To determine if you can use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device, you need to know the software version and device model. To find this information, go to the home screen and select Settings > System > About.

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101, 9100 

Roku Ultra

4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640 

Roku Premiere

4630, 4620, 3920 

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811, 3810 

To use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Your Roku device checks for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update if necessary.

0 Kudos