Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DieselTech
Binge Watcher

Re: OS 11 features finally rolling out

@Tjoeb123  Not true. I launched the Photo Streams and it gives you a QR code to scan. Then you use your phone and scan it. After your phone will pop up in a browser menu where you need to log into your Roku account. After that you can start to upload pictures but only 10 of them 

0 Kudos
Tjoeb123
Binge Watcher

@DieselTech wrote:

@Tjoeb123  Not true. I launched the Photo Streams and it gives you a QR code to scan. Then you use your phone and scan it. After your phone will pop up in a browser menu where you need to log into your Roku account. After that you can start to upload pictures but only 10 of them 

But that's the website it opens up on your phone/tablet.

....Isn't it?

Also, you can have more than 10 photos in a stream. It's just you can only add up to 10 at a time.

0 Kudos
DieselTech
Binge Watcher

@Tjoeb123  10 at a time but 10 is the max per stream cause it does not allow you to add pictures to your stream 

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@Tjoeb123 wrote:

I should probably note that if you have OS 11 and want Photo Streams, you have to set it up at https://photostreams.roku.com/ first. (even in the apps, it really just opens that site) Once you do that it will automatically set the screensaver to "Roku Photo Streams".

Correct, but the Roku Photo Streams app only became available on May 6. All of the previous discussion occurred before the app was released. I should have come back here and updated this thread when I saw that the app was available.

EDIT: Regarding "even in the apps, it really just opens that site" - that's not true. Working with your streams within the Roku mobile app keeps you within the app itself, it doesn't send you to the web page.

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@DieselTech wrote:

@Tjoeb123  10 at a time but 10 is the max per stream cause it does not allow you to add pictures to your stream 

I have more than 10 per stream. Roku's Photo Streams support page says you're limited to 10 streams, but you can have 100 photos in each stream. It also says "A stream may not allow 100 photos if the storage limit for the Roku account has been exceeded." But it doesn't say what the storage limit is.

And it does allow you to add pictures to a stream - I just did that. It is a bit difficult to find the link to do so, though, if you're using the Roku mobile app.

1. Open the app, tap on the user icon in the upper right corner, and select Photo Streams.
  2. Click on the thumbnail for the stream you want to add photos to
  3. Click on the 3-dot "more info" icon to the right of the stream name. That brings up the "Upload photos" option, which allows you to browse images on your mobile device and add them to the current stream.

In addition to the Roku support article in the link above, here's an article with more information

DieselTech
Binge Watcher

@trothatl  I will try that when I get home. At the brewery 

0 Kudos
Brett888
Channel Surfer

I am missing the features on my 3280 rw stick..its rather slow now as well some apps will not finish loading and go back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos
olliebean
Binge Watcher

I clicked on the link to set up Photo Streams, and got a message: "Roku Photo Streams currently isn't available in your region." I guess that must be the case for all the new features, because I don't seem to have any of them.

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@olliebean wrote:

I clicked on the link to set up Photo Streams, and got a message: "Roku Photo Streams currently isn't available in your region." I guess that must be the case for all the new features, because I don't seem to have any of them.

Roku's OS 11 release notes list this new feature as "Introducing Roku Photo Streams (U.S.)", indicating that it is available only in the U.S. at this point. Same for "Expanded Content Discovery (U.S.)". 

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@Brett888 wrote:

I am missing the features on my 3280 rw stick..its rather slow now as well some apps will not finish loading and go back to the home screen. 

Supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 11 are listed at the bottom of Roku's OS 11 release notes. The 3280 RW is not listed. Might be time for a newer model.

0 Kudos