Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGilroy1
Channel Surfer

OS 11 - What to Watch feature disappeared

Jump to solution

All my Roku devices updated to OS 11 on May 4-6. I had the "What to Watch" feature on the Home screen even 2 weeks before on my 10.5 . It was available for a couple of days and disappear and has not reappear since. I have done manual software updates, system restarts, unplugged for an hour. I still have not gotten the feature back.I was using the feature regularly and now it is gone. Is there anything else that can be done to get it back ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: OS 11 - What to Watch feature disappeared

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please note that Roku normally releases software in stages to ensure quality.  As such, new features included with the latest OS 11.0 may not be immediately available to all Roku devices while we fully roll out the OS update. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KGilroy1--

From Roku home page:

Does menu path Settings > Home screen give you a  "What to Watch" option you can enable?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
KGilroy1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No the  Settings > Home Screen does not give me the "What to Watch" option

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KGilroy1 

The "What to Watch" feature was supposed to be a Roku OS 11 feature.

I think Roku sometimes releases these features early to user devices for testing (which may be why you saw it on 10.5) and then removes it and will again release it in a build specific for your device.

My devices had the "Save List" hit them early, then it was removed for awhile after I started using it, and then reappeared a month or two later in an update (I think OS 10.0 or 10.5).  There have been other features specific to RokuTVs that I remember encountering also.

The above is my best guess, I have no firsthand/inside knowledge.  It will eventually return though in some update build of OS 11.  It is a bit irritating though when this happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
An713
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I Didnt get the what to watch or the new Sound settings or roku voice features after updating to roku os 11. why release os 11 if its not ready to go?

0 Kudos
KGilroy1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update - I finally have the "What to Watch" feature . Just showed up today on 5/20. It appears ROKU is rolling it out now. 

It is very useful for those with different channels to give you a one place to look at a glance for shows you may want to watch without having to open each channel. I will waiting to see how it stays up with current additions to the channels.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please note that Roku normally releases software in stages to ensure quality.  As such, new features included with the latest OS 11.0 may not be immediately available to all Roku devices while we fully roll out the OS update. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
APeay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. The menu on the left of the screen used to have What to Watch as an option and beneath it was my Save List What to Watch and Save List are no longer there and I cannot add them back under settings. I am using OS 11.5 what’s going on? 

0 Kudos