Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpcollins
Reel Rookie

Re: 11.5 update my feed dissapeared.

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Ultra model 4800 with latest with software 11.5.0 build 4235

What to Watch - works very differently on this device than the Roku Express on another tv which still has the My Feed menu but with the message it has been replaced by Saved List in the What to Watch menu.

On neither device if I save a search result to 'save to list' is there any section within What to Watch containing my saved items.

How does this work?? Or isn't it?

And by the way it a great idea which has been a long time coming but . . . . to stuff my saved shows inside the VERY CROWDED What to Watch section is a bad design choice.  THE WHOLE REASON for having a separate section like MY FAVORITES or MY LIST is curate and organize manageable selection of items after having to scroll through the jungle of content.  Keep the META save function but bring back the dedicated menu selection.

0 Kudos
cpcollins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny still missing from what to watch menu. When is it going to be fixed?

0 Kudos
lugnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not waiting any longer for a fix. I sold my Roku TV and bought a Google TV. I'll let you know how their system works

0 Kudos
DjCount

Jump to solution

Definitely don't like the new save list because it doesn't alert me when titles become free to watch right on my home screen like before. 

hmilder

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, My Feed has not merely been moved to What to Watch, Save List.  The most important feature, receiving notifications of a film's availability has been eliminated.  I'm sure the feed was costly to maintain, but it was one of the few features that Roku had a clear advantage over Fire TV and Android TV.

z-bob
Streaming Star

Re: 11.5 update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

Is there any way to rollback to an earlier OS version?  I hate this one.  I found "My feed" very useful and now it's gone (along with everything I had saved there, I guess.)  Also the Roku Search function has been changed; someone tried to make it sexier or something because they thought plain text was boring.  Or maybe they just ripped-off Netflix's interface. 😠 Plain text conveys a lot more info per screen, I don't need to see a graphic for each item until I click it.

Musei

Jump to solution

But it’s not really a replacement; the new list does not serve the same purpose. Moreover, the titles from My Feed were not carried over to the new feature. This is quite annoying, as I can remember only a few of them. It would have been common courtesy to make sure customers were aware of the change beforehand so they had a chance to copy their lists. 

0 Kudos
Nyphonejacks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Very disappointing one of the few useful functions of Roku has disappeared. The "what to watch" tab is way less useful and intuitive than the "my feed" that it replaced.

I've already replaced the Roku on my kitchen TV with an Nvidia shield. When time comes to replace the Roku that powers my bedroom, living room and office TVs I'll be looking elsewhere, at the moment a fire TV box seems the best option as I am quite satisfied with the 2 fire TVs that I have. (Yes I have 10 TVs in my home)

0 Kudos
Katgv
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat with all these other people My saved list of movies and TV is gone (around 15+ shows) and there is option to save movies (as far as I can see) WTF are your programmers doing????

0 Kudos
Katgv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the save to list option is gone from all movie TV as far as I can see from my Roku Ultra????

0 Kudos