Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 11.5 update my feed dissapeared.

Jump to solution

@KC614 

The Save List is a feature of 11.5.

It "may" also be available on some builds of 11.0 as I had it on one of my devices while on a build immediately prior to the 11.5 update.  

You will likely need to wait until 11.5 is rolled out to your device or perhaps a subsequent build to your particular Roku device if already on 11.5.

It is kind of confusing sometimes with Roku updates.  Just because you receive an update (ie. 11.5) that does not mean you will get all the features immediately.  By receiving the 11.5 update, that sometimes just means that your device is now "capable" of receiving these features (again, may come in a future build - ie. 11.5 build 4235-xx).  

You can find out what OS your device is currently using by going to Settings/System/About.

----

@laurihl 

By some content, I mean that not all channels/apps yet support the *button shortcut to "Add to Save List".  This update is moving toward a more universal/global Save List that has been requested by users that will allow you to save content (movies/shows, etc) from within multiple channels/apps and have them all in one place. (the Save List located in What to Watch).

Prior to this update, only content available in the Roku Channel was able to be added to the Save List.  For other channels/apps, you had to actually go to your desired channel/app and see if they had their own Save List and maybe a Queued/Save for Later/Continue Watching section or something similar.  

Each channel developer is responsible for the design, maintenance, and operation of their channel/app.  As such, they may/may not participate in this "Save List" feature or may not have yet updated their channel/app to support this latest feature.  Thus, "some content" may not be able to be added with the *button shortcut, but should still be able to be added to Save List using the Search Menu from your Roku device's Home Screen menu.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
KC614
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I got anther update today thinking this will fix what's been the issues but I still do not have a "Save list!" I do for about 5 mins and then the system reverts back to what appears a different build. If I factory reset it comes back but then again it isn't for very long. I don't understand as I have the Roku app on my phone and it works perfectly with a "Save list" but not on my Streambar. This is my biggest complaint but also I pair up my earbuds for private listening and the volume is extremely loud even if I turn it down to 1. It actually starts at 20 when paring but adjusting with the remote does nothing to the volume level in my earbuds. Once again if a pair to my phone and use the Roku app all seem well with the volume controls but once again the Streambar becomes useless and annoying. 

Model 9102R Roku Streambar

Serial # YL00GS127113 (2A10CG127113)

Software 11.5.0 build 4235-95

issue ID 13-430-850

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KC614

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this thread is related to the My Feed and Save List issue. If you have another or additional inquiry, we would recommend creating a new post or thread to get further assistance with that specific issue.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing regarding Save List? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? What exactly is happening on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Why did you take away My Feed

Jump to solution

Why Did You Take Away My Feed? The main reason I have All Roku TVs is because I could manage all my shows on every channel and today you have taken away MY FEED! What am I supposed to do now. That was so easy and I would know every time a new episode came out. hm beyond disappointed. I know my shows are moved to what to watch, but it doesn't even compare to my feed.

KC614
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Ok sorry I have 2 issues but will focus on the "Save list." I do not have it or the option within the Roku Channel unless I factory reset and then the option plus the list comes back. It appears like the Roku app on my Android phone but after some time (5 to 10mins) the Roku channel on the device the "Save list" disappears and the option under any title is not there. There appears to be an older version on my device and it will not update the Roku channel. This seems to have happened to many and some have received this "save list" earlier or it reappears later but I have never had it and developer notes for 11.5 says it is suppose to be an option. I do have it on the Roku app though it does not appear under the Roku channel there but on the Home option, I have it on the web browser if I sign into my account from the PC but I cannot get it to apply/stay on my device no matter what I try.

From developer notes 11.5 Update...

Save List (US) - Users will be able to create a single, easy-to-access Save List of entertainment from across the Roku platform. A new "Save" option will now appear on movie and TV show details pages, allowing users to save that title to stream later with a simple press of a button. Once users save their first movie or TV show, a new Save List row will appear within What to Watch, giving them a convenient way to access saved entertainment and to add or remove titles in their list.  

EDIT 

Well I had a small update (2 or 3 seconds), went to manually do a software update and now I have the SAVE list. It's on my "What to Watch" and on my Roku channel! Hopefully it will stay and I'll have the option to SAVE anything I'd like to watch later. Thanks to anyone that had a hand and getting this fixed. 

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This appears to be another example of how Roku developers either don't understand the needs of their customers, or just don't care. (The redesigned Search list, needlessly polluted by lists of popular movies, popular TV shows, etc., is another example. Those lists belong under "What to Watch.") C'mon Roku. The hallmark of good customer service, and good product design, is to think like an end user, not like a hotshot designer of slick products. It's not all about you; it's all about us. There's another saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. By and large, My Feed wasn't broken. It just needed a little tweaking, like allowing us to remove titles from My Feed from within My Feed, not by having to search the title all over again.

Terry

Fan of Roku, but less so as time goes by

carranco

Jump to solution

Please return the my feed feature.

lugnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not having the alert on the home screen when a new episode is available makes the "save list" useless. Bring back "my feed"

laurihl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have yet to see any option that has “save list” available. I’m so bummed out about my feed going away and I’m trying to play along - but I have 11.5 and NO SAVE LIST anywhere. What am I doing wrong? I see older posts refer to this being available only in the Roku channel but this post saying now it’s across all channels but it is not there. I’ve also tried the * button, no save option exists for me. I feel like I’m going crazy reading all these posts! 

Just bring back my feed please!

laurihl
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

Yes! So much different than the responses that just say “well you can save things” (which I can’t), but it’s not the point. This option was priceless! 

0 Kudos