Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troutfish
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

After the 11.5 update the my feed option went away.  I liked this feature because you could find a title and add it to my feed and when it became available it would give you the options on where to find it.  Oh where Oh where has my feed gone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 11.5 update my feed dissapeared.

Jump to solution

@troutfish 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that "My Feed" is changing to "Save List." Add any show you find while searching and browsing Roku by pressing the star button on your remote and selecting "Add to Save List." Your Save List appears in "What to watch" on the Home screen menu.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
Baldylokz
Reel Rookie

My Feed is replaced with save list?

Jump to solution

One of the features that I like most about the Roku was its ability to notify me when new episodes of shows I watch are available. The “My feed“ tab says that it’s changing to save list and the shows I’ve been following are in the “what to watch” section. But that doesn’t tell me when new episodes are available, unless I’m missing something. Is this feature just gone now? Am I forced to open every app I subscribe to and check?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@troutfish 

Appears that the "My Feed" is being removed from 11.5.

The message on screen implies that it is changing to Save List, but the My Feed actually was used to follow content and alert a user when the followed content again became available for viewing on the Roku platform.

The Save List is simply going to allow presently available content across the Roku platform to be saved to a queue for later viewing. (I guess it will stay in the queue for long as you want and if a channel is offering it, it will be be available for viewing, but this certainly won't be the same as the My Feed feature.)  Maybe it will be enhanced later to do some alerting.

I know the universal Save List feature has been requested for a long time by users and the My Feed has had issues either staying updated or producing accurate results as of late so I guess Roku had a decision which feature was worth the effort to implement/maintain.

I actually liked the My Feed feature and found it very useful.  I will probably just end up finding an online source or mobile app to fill this need if the need arises. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

My Feed worked for by keeping track of titles that weren't on Roku yet, so when they were available it would tell me. It was great when you could search Roku for titles not available and they had an asterisk by the title meaning not available yet. I put in a lot of unattainable titles, I guess they are lost forever. ;(

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

A user posted in this thread that customer service had them Search for content that they remembered from their My Feed and an option was presented "Remove from Save List". (even though it was not showing in the Save List - What to Watch).

This could indicate that the My Feed feature is just not fully integrated yet into the new Save List feature so all hope may not yet be lost. (or your followed titles lost forever).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@troutfish 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that "My Feed" is changing to "Save List." Add any show you find while searching and browsing Roku by pressing the star button on your remote and selecting "Add to Save List." Your Save List appears in "What to watch" on the Home screen menu.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baldylokz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When you’re trying to follow several different shows on several different streaming services the save list is cumbersome and difficult to use. I need to browse through to each show and select it to see if new episodes are available? It’s easier just to open each service and let them tell me what’s new, and that is still not nearly as convenient as the “my feed” feature that you removed. 

Asking people to use the save list instead is not a solution and only shows that you don’t understand the problem. Being able to follow all my shows from one place was the *reason* I purchased a Roku. It made my downtime easier. Without it, I fail to see what sets you apart from other streaming devices. 

KevinPr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

The “Save List” or for that matter your instruction to click on the star button to save to the Save List doesn’t work. When I try clicking on the star button, the Roku just does the bleep sound, and nothing else.

When I go under the “What to Watch” section it just shows me a bunch of stuff that I am NOT interested in wanting to watch. There is nowhere anything showing as a Save List in my What to Watch section on my Roku.

If Roku is going to make changes, they need to test and make sure it is working as the directions you provide to your users before going live with it.

Dlp1nma

Re: [OS 11.5] update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

The My Feed area allowed me to save movie titles that were not available yet and would show all the apps it was available on.  This also gave me the option of waiting until a title was free or decide to rent it my favorite app. Now to do the same thing I would have to save the same title in all the different apps if it is available but if it is not there is no way to be notified when it is.

Also I had about 13 titles I was monitoring for availability in My Feed and now that list is gone.

JonInMN
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] update my feed disappeared.

Jump to solution

As a long-time user (first device 9/2011) currently with 6 Roku devices - I am VERY disappointed about "My Feed" being replaced by "Save List" - Definitely a loss of some useful features/functionality! Not only was it a great way to keep an eye out for a show/movie to become available on the Roku platform but it also allowed me to follow an actor/actress - by far one of my FAVORITE features.

Since this feature is no longer available on Roku, I will be utilizing the new Discover feature in Plex.  

I have removed the Roku "branded" Channels and have hidden every option from my Home screen except for "Shortcuts" and "My Feed" (Even though it doesn't work any longer!)

Maybe it is time to take another look at the Chromecast with Google TV that Google sent me for free....

Tags (1)