Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrdman
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Update 11.5.0 forced a reactivation

This week, 10-20-2022.  Updated all 5 of my Roku.  1 - player 3, 1 - Roku TV, 3 - Ultas.  All Updated to 11.5.0 build 4216. 24 hours later, 2 of the Ultra Roku forced me to reactivate after 11.5.0 build 4225 was pushed. All my channel became messed up.  I understand after a reactivation I would have rearrange all my channels. I did NOT accidentally push factory reset. I did NOT accidently select factory reset in menu.  There seems to be more than few problems with the newest push.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Update 11.5.0 forced a reactivation

Hi @byrdman

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
byrdman
Reel Rookie

Ultra: 4800RW, X010008U8P3L, Device ID 202C20AU8P3L, 11.5.0, build 4225-C2

Ultra: 4802X, X01000A8EV3X, Device ID SODA2238EV3X, 11.5.0, build 4225-C2

Did not reproduce, appeared to force reactivation on these two devices, when auto-updating to 4225. My other 3 Roku devices updated without incident.

One time and done.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@byrdman
Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, when you state that your devices forced reactivation, are you saying that your device appeared to have factory reset itself and you were put back into the guided setup process?

With further clarification we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator