Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabloandnene
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Streaming Channels category on home screen (how to add/remove)?

I have a number of Roku devices (4 Roku TVs, one streaming stick), but not all of them have the category on the Home Screen of "Streaming Channels". I know I removed it specifically on a couple of devices to keep my youngest from adding too many channels, but now I can't find where to add or remove this category in the Settings. I thought it would be in the Home Screen settings, but it's not one of the options to hide or show. I know I can still add or remove channels in other ways, but its weird that I have the "Streaming Channels" category on some of my devices' home screens but not others and I can't change this on any of them AFAIK. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BronzeCheetah
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Streaming Channels category on home screen (how to add/remove)?

Im on roku os 11.5 and turned off all the categories under settings/home screen and the only thing I have now is home, search, settings and the channels I manually added

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@pabloandnene 

You do know that you can add a PIN to the account to prevent the addition of apps, as well as prevent the purchase of subscriptions, right? It's on the Roku Account Page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Unless they've changed things recently, the PIN is only required to add a channel through the device interface.  Channels added via the online channel store go in without requiring the PIN.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@makaiguy 

That is correct. It still works that way.

I was only addressing via the Roku device, as he was wanting the Channel Store link to be hidden there. Even with it hidden, kids could search for an app from within the menu system and add apps anyway. Enabling the PIN would of course stop that.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos