Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DingleBob3899
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Recent update broke every channel

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Today I found the new update.  I did not let the device automatically install by itself.  The following steps were probably excessive, but I was not taking any chances.

• I unplugged the device and removed the micro-SD card.
  • I formatted the SD card in another device.
  • I powered on the device.  It was at the factory default setup screen.
  • The device found an update and installed it. Then rebooted.
  • After the reboot it found another update, installed, and rebooted.
  • It did this four times.
  • Once the updates were installed successfully I unplugged it, then re-inserted the microSD card.
  • Plugged the device back in,  the device found the SD card and reformatted it.
  • After that the setup process continued without any problems.
  • After the device re-linked to my account I found that O/S version 11.5.0 build 4225-29 was installed.

All sixteen channels I have installed on the device appear to be working as intended.  And YES I deliberately tried to crash them. I could not get them to crash.

Thank you for solving this.

0 Kudos
V45
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] "no internet connection" on Roku Streaming sticks

Jump to solution

I have two streaming sticks that have worked pretty well for about 4 years. 11.5 update caused a 'no internet connection' condition with both sticks as soon as it it each one.  Nothing we tried worked until I unplugged our T-mobile 5G internet gateway and plugged it back in after 90 seconds.  Once it rebooted, I checked the connection again and it was there again.  I'm guessing the previous 11.0 had a different protocol and rebooting the gateway allowed an updated connection type. 

This solved our 11.5 update crash on both units. 

Stewwy

Jump to solution

Model: 3810RW. Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial# YH0068972100(225066972100)

Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4225-50

Timestamp: 2022-10-25T02:27:45Z

Issue ID  00-427-82

Occurs with all app (buffering or will not launch)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Stewwy

Thanks for the post and providing us with your details.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cerbum

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I just ran into the same issue. Roku box decided to update by itself. After restart, all apps will load, but all fail to display any audio/video when trying to play media. The menuing systems work, sound works on the audio signatures of various channels. This is the case for: Netflix, plex, hulu, prime, hbomax, amc and disney+. I've tried restarting the roku box multiple times from the menu, hard power off/on cycled twice, verified that all channels are up to date. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

From the issue report Tracker: 

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial: X0100MX6Ett

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-C2

Timestamp: 2022-10-20T02:00:23Z

Issue ID: TT-435-000.

Thanks!

-------------------------

Well, this is somewhat embarrassing. After futzing with this for a couple of hours. I happened to notice my receiver telling me "Roku 720p" instead of the normal "Roku 1080p" or "Roku 4K." I went into the Settings -> Resolution and manually reset it to 4K HDR, and now everything works again.

Hope this helps someone else. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This happened to me.. well I was out of the country until I came back recently. Fam said that the roku stopped working. I tested the boxes on some of my other TVs, they worked, but the one in the family room (oddly enough) is a fancy old 480p Plasma TV (very grand.. lovely picture) and remembered an old firestick I used to have had that issue after an update. Sure enough, 720p and 1080p are the only options available on roku now, when it used to have older formats. I can't use it anymore -_-

0 Kudos
rlperry1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not every channel is broken, but everytime I try to change channels (OTA or stream) there's a tremendous lag.  This has happened to 3 Roku devices.

The main TV is:

Model:  55S435

Hardware ID: C140X

S/N:  X00000V4H106

Software version:  11.50 build 4235-93

Device ID:  S02W2164h106

All 3 of my devices are having the same issue.

0 Kudos
TeedOffDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m seeing black boxes overlapping content since the update. It glitches things and make reading text and scrolling through content janky. Funny thing, before having it to connect directly to internet. It was connect to internet less than a few weeks after purchase.

The SmartTV has  been connect to a 3rd party streaming device for years. However, last month I decide to use Rokus built-in. Once it updated the TV restarted and broke the Smart TV’s interface. Factory reset doesn’t solve it.

Roku has now and forever pushed me away from purchasing any other product. If that’s not planned obsolescence, nothing is!

Model: 65R6+

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4235-94

0 Kudos
TeedOffDad
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] "no internet connection" on Roku Streaming sticks

Jump to solution

This is the second issue my 65” Hisense Roku Smart TV is doing. It connects but says no internet. I’m glad I have my warranty with Walmart. Once I get this replaced, I’m done with Roku. All was fine while it was using a 3rd party device until I decided to use Rokus built-in. Then blotches and now now wired nor wireless internet connectivity.

Planned obsolescence!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] "no internet connection" on Roku Streaming sticks

Jump to solution

@TeedOffDad

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you further, but will need more detailed information to better understand what you are experiencing in order to avoid confusion. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what you are seeing on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos