Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Recent update broke every channel

Jump to solution

@Doritos

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us the requested information in a post in this thread and we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same issue here since the latest update on Oct 12 for me. Everything is broken. Channels will pause video but continue audio. My remote does not work, specifically the volume controls. My Roku crashed and told me to plug it into a wall outlet, but it is plugged DIRECTLY into a wall outlet. I have issues with Peacock, Paramount, Hulu, etc. Have removed the apps, restarted and reinstalled them. Video pauses still and only audio plays.

3941X Roku Express 4K+

11.5.0 build 4216 CR

Device ID S07P216UER2N

First it was the constant HDCP errors, now I have even more issues and errors. Does anyone on the dev team even test these updates before launching them live??? This is ridiculous!!!

0 Kudos
DingleBob3899
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

After seven days and 94 factory resets I finally got the device to reboot at which point the device downloaded and installed 9 different upgrades starting back in version 9.x.

I still have not been able to successfully complete the initial setup of the device. It keeps resetting back to defaults after I enter my email address which means the device is not associated with my account yet.

Here is the info you requested.

"-does this issue occur on a specific channel?" - NO, it occurs on EVERY channel.

Model: 4630X
Serial :  YR006U270433
Device ID: 7KA686270433
OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4216-29
Tracker ID: 33-413-73

0 Kudos
jsusanka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is powered from  an outlet by the wall. 

ID p2-413-441 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have passed your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

For those of you who haven't provided your details yet, please reply here with the information asked below: 

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have them, we'll forward them to our team for additional information.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Also, as an update to my previous post, I tried to watch Peacock again today and the video was still pausing while audio was playing. Removing the app, restarting, and adding the app back did nothing. Also logged out and back in to Peacock. Still did it. So....I unplugged the HDMI cable and plugged it back in. The video and audio worked fine. Apparently, the HDCP error issue is still going on; however, there is no HDCP error message that pops up now. Now I have to get up and unplug the Roku HDMI and plug it back in for the channel to work. This process has to be repeated everytime I watch Peacock so far. Before, I was able to turn off the auto sleep (or whatever its called) to solve this issue but apparently this no longer works now. 

0 Kudos
Jstadt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A few things to try is look to see if your channels are on the most current version after the update. This worked for me on a few channels. All 4 of my devices are working perfect. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We would recommend checking for a manual update to receive the latest Roku OS version. You can check for an OS update through Settings > System > System update.

Once your device has been updated to the latest OS 11.5 build, we would recommend checking to see if the experiencing the same playback issue.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the current OS version and build your Roku device is running, along with a current Tracker ID after updating the OS (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

For more information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
jsusanka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That was how I did the update orignially.

I did last night do a factory reset and it seems to be working and the version is 11.5 so I guess it updated during the reset.  I have not manually checked for updates since the reset but I need it to work for now and not going to check. 

0 Kudos
Doritos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!! The latest update fixed my issues. I can now watch YouTube TV, Disney+, and Apple TV again.  Thanks.

0 Kudos