Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DingleBob3899
Binge Watcher

[OS 11.5] Recent update broke every channel

Jump to solution

My Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  update on the morning of 10/7/22.  The version upgraded from 11.5.0-4196 to 11.5.04-4206

Now after the update on the 7th you cannot play content on ANY channel.
I can open a channel and search for a program to watch, even see the automatic previews.  However, when I select PLAY the channel will crash back to the HOME screen.  I have found that STARZ, SYFY, and PrimeVideo have a slight variation of the problem.  When you select play in those three apps it causes the device to reboot.

I have tried power cycling the device, factory rest the device, and tried a different account, still have the same issue.

How do I roll back the update that was applied three days ago?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Recent update broke every channel

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We would recommend checking for a manual update to receive the latest Roku OS version. You can check for an OS update through Settings > System > System update.

Once your device has been updated to the latest OS 11.5 build, we would recommend checking to see if the experiencing the same playback issue.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the current OS version and build your Roku device is running, along with a current Tracker ID after updating the OS (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

For more information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DingleBob3899,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sparkys
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have similar issues! Mostly with the content not loading. Not the crashing part.
Very interesting that the issue is happening right after I started seeing Offers on my Roku for the Newest Roku Ultra version... now on sale.
coincidence?? Hmmm...

DingleBob3899
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Definitely not a coincidence. I think I know why the ULTRAs are on sale.  I just bought three of them earlier today.  

Not one of them will power up.  I am not talking about frozen or crashing during boot up, the indicator light doesn't even come on.  They are completely DOA right out of the box.  Tried nine different power adapters. Nothing.

So that leaves me with almost $600 worth of ROKU devices that will not work.

"That's great."

3 - Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  

3 - Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DingleBob3899,

Thanks for following up.

Can we request the required details above for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team?

We appreciate your patience while we investigated the issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sparkys,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. What Roku model device are you using and your software version? this is found under Home > Settings > System > About
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
3. Are you being prompted with an error message?
4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up
5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doritos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary,

You ask for information about our device. Where or to whom do we send it? Ever since I updated to 11.5.0 build 4216-E last night, at least three channels are not working.

Please advise on where to send our answers to the questions.

0 Kudos
jsusanka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just updated my roku tonight now NO Channel works

model 3930 roku express

serial #x004006nc3p2

software version 11.50 build 4216-ae

devID s00830nc3p2

any channel takes me back to the home and/or reboots the device. 

how do you undo an update?

I tried removing some of the channels and adding them back but I get the same result.  

DingleBob3899
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well I think an update was attempted automatically sometime yesterday or last night, but it did not complete successfully because now my Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  will no longer boot.

Going to try a master reset using the physical reset button on the bottom.

FYI - I took my three DOA Ultras back to BestBuy, expecting to exchange them , but they refused to do an exchange and gave me a refund with no other option.  I asked why I could not get an exchange.
All I got was "We are not allowed to discuss, mention, or acknowledge certain brands, possibly including that one."
Whatever that means?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jsusanka

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

In addition, can you please provide us with a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos