Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoVAUS
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Incorrect time on Express+ after Update 11.5.0.4235-CR

Update 11.5.0.4235 was applied on 10/26/22.  Ever since, the time on the Roku Home screen has been off by several hours.  It's not a time zone issue, as the time is off by 4 hours 18 minutes or 2 hours 22 minutes, etc. 

The errant time is causing issues with the Youtube TV channel guide.  The Guide is 'stuck' on last week, and you have to fast forward through the days to get to current time.  The Guide reverts back to last week when you exit and return. 

I have tried to manually update via the Secret Screen, but that doesn't help.

I have not tried Factory Reset, yet. Not sure if that would help, as the first thing Roku will do is check for update.   

Any remedy for this issue?

Thanks..

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Incorrect time on Express+ after Update 11.5.0.4235-CR

@NoVAUS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please verify that you are set to the correct time zone? For more information about how to set your TV to the correct time zone, visit our Support page here: Adjust the clock format

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-image of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoVAUS
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your response.  Issue persists.  Here's the info you requested.

Confirmed Time Zone setting.. Time zone is Easter Daylight Time.

Roku info:

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Nr: X0160068NFJ0

Software Version: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-CR

Device ID: S07P5138NFJ0

Steps to reproduce issue.  Turn off Roku.  When you turn the device on, the time is incorrect and Youtube TV guide is 'stuck' to errant time. 

I don't seem to be able to include an image with this response. The only thing I can show is the Home page with a time, and indicate that the time is off by hours. 

Thanks, again.

0 Kudos
NoVAUS
Reel Rookie

Update.  Time is now stuck at 20:19.  I turn off the TV/Roku, and when I turn the devices ON, the time on the Home Page is 20:19.  I've left the Roku off for two hours, half hour, five minutes, and no matter the time reverts back to 20:19.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NoVAUS

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoVAUS
Reel Rookie

I performed a factory reset.  Did not correct the issue.  Prime Video is now complaining that the Roku time is incorrect.  If ever there was an update that needed a roll-back, this is it!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NoVAUS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you connecting the Roku device to the internet? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps? 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos